When I was in my teens, I always wanted to maintain some kind of diet to get leaner & thinner. At that age I really had no idea what is Diet & Nutrition are. We, our friend group had set some Do’s & Don’ts, the result of which is not only that we were unable to lose weight, but also looked sick.
And now, while I’m on a maintained Healthy Diet with Good nutrition, my BMI is on absolutely prefect level and I’m able to sustain a healthy life which eventually makes me happy. This is the difference when you undergo a proper healthy Diet and most importantly you maintain that.
Most of the people lack the knowledge about right food and the right time to take the food. Good nutrition is one of the keys to a healthy life. And a balanced diet helps you to get all the nutrition required for your good health.
However, your BMR or basal metabolic rate also does matter as it tells you how many calories your body burns to keep you alive. BMR is the measure that mostly depends upon the muscular mass an individual body has. Thus, use the free and simple bmr calculator to calculate your basal metabolic rate or BMR.
Ways to get started for an improved Healthy Diet
It can be difficult to maintain if you start changing your food habits all of a sudden. It helps if you focus on small changes. Almost everyone can benefit from cutting back on unhealthy fat. If you currently eat a lot of fat, commit to cutting back and changing your habits.
Here is a list that is easy to follow & to get started for an improved Healthy Diet:
- Include plenty of fruits and vegetables every day in all your meals & snacks.
- Make sure you get enough Calcium, whole grain, high-fibre foods in your Diet.
- Staying hydrated is important for good health.
- Stay apart from deep-fried foods. Try to shift on Boiled or baked.
- Say NO to sugar & sugar-rich food. Sugar is the first step for many health issues & obesity.
- Maintain the Right Time for all your meals.
- Divide your plate – 50% Veggies and Salads, 25% Proteins, 15% Carbohydrates/Starches, 10% healthy fats.
- If you really craving for any specific food that is not so much healthy, then have a portion of it, not too much.
- Keep track of your food intake by writing down what you eat and drink every day.
- If you have any health issues, think about asking for help from a dietitian. They can help you follow a special diet.
Some more quick Do’s
- Drink zero- or low-calorie beverages, such as water or tea.
- If you have dinner quite early & you feel hungry before going to sleep, have something like an apple or a cup of milk or two low-calorie biscuits.
- Walk for 10 mins after breakfast, lunch & dinner. Walking in your living room may help even if you have time constraint.
- High-fibre foods are good for your health and weight loss. Make sure to include them in your Diet.
- Tracking of food intake – This record will help you assess your diet. You’ll see if you need to eat more or less from certain food groups.
- Do some exercise, or yoga or a little walk at least.
Some obvious Don’ts
- Sweetened drinks add lots of sugar and calories to your diet. This includes fruit juice, soda, sports and energy drinks, sweetened or flavored milk, and sweetened iced tea. Avoid them.
- Never skip your breakfast. Best time: 7-8.30 AM, No later than 10 AM
- Avoid junk food. They can only toxify your body and nothing good.
- Don’t have heavy, high calorie meals before going to bed at night. They affect your metabolism and can be a major cause of weight gain.
Have your meals on Right Time
This is a real secret to maintain your Good Health. Balanced Nutrition and Diet must be taken on right time to get the best output.
Set Realistic Goals
Mostly people make New Year resolution to start a strict Healthy & Nutritious Diet plan but after a few days, they lose all their motivation & stop doing them. Hence, try to set realistic goals. Always remember, to be healthy is not any end-product, it is a continuous process. You have to maintain that. Once you are in the right path, its not that much difficult to maintain. Once you get accustomed to your Healthy & Nutritious Diet, trust me you can’t get out of it easily. Because then you are already habituated with the Healthy & Happy life.
Always remember: –
- Crash Diet, Fad Diet or any of the trending short term Diets may promise you rapid weight loss or other health advantages. They are often promoted as requiring little effort and producing a “quick fix”. But they are hard to keep up with and could be unhealthy.
- Good Health & Nutrition doesn’t come in a pill. Try having a variety of healthy whole foods instead.
- There are different Diet programs that may confuse you with their claims. They will never talk about the side-effects and other complexities. So, think twice before going for these. Most people in these ads get paid for their endorsements.
- Nutrition tips and diets from different sources can be misleading. Consult your Doctor or Dietitian before starting any such Fad Diet.
If you are Healthy, you will be Happy. And a happy mind contributes to a better Health.