“Worrying doesn’t take away tomorrow’s trouble, it takes away today’s peace.”
Stress is worst anyway
Life is too short to be Anything but Happy. Take life day by day, and be grateful for the little things. Don’t get stressed over what you can’t control.
Stress is your mind’s way of responding to certain situations. It is relative to situations & people’s way of handling the situation. There are some positive stress which are not that bad. Some level of stress in life & at the workplace is normal and acceptable, perhaps even essential. It can keep you aware and help you face challenges. It can keep you alert so that you’re able to meet your deadlines. But stress beyond normal levels & when are not under your control, becomes a negative factor.
Different factors that we can’t handle & hence get stressed:
Throw Stress away
Every individual can speak about thousands of reasons of being stressed. Some have this problem, others have that. If we try to generalize their issues, we will see that mostly Stress arises when we have too much to do but too little time or very less energy. So, either we have to reduce the workload or increase the time. Reducing workload is not feasible in our hectic lifestyle and increase the time limit is also not possible either. Hence, the only option remaining is to increase our Energy level.
Another factor to get stressed is Worry. This is the biggest challenge because worry is a virtual thing and we have no control over issues that are not real. But still we keep worrying about every smallest possible thing. And subsequently, increase the stress level. Instead of worrying we should search for the solution and shrug off the stress. Because “Worrying doesn’t take away tomorrow’s trouble, it takes away today’s peace.”
Tips to handle or manage your stress effectively:
- Increase your Energy Level – The right food on right time, adequate sleep (6-8 hours, not more, not less), few minutes of Pranayama, Meditation.
- Get involved in some fitness activity – May be any sports, exercise, Yoga, walking, swimming etc.
- Relax and rejuvenate – There’s nothing more important in life than life itself. If you are alive, then everything else exists. So, relax & rejuvenate your body and mind periodically
- Learn to Plan & Prioritize — This will increase your productivity. Your performance will speed up and you can easily dodge workplace stress.
- Maintain work-life balance – Spend quality time with your family & loved ones. As far as possible, do not allow the office to invade your home.
- Take short breaks when you feel low – Take a break from your hectic schedule. Discover yourself. Remember you have faced many challenges in the past and you have overcome them all. So, have this confidence that you can handle this challenge as well.
- Keep good company – This is a great stressbuster. If your ‘friends’ make you feel emotionally weak, then spending time alone is better.
Preventive actions are always better than Curative ones
Manage stress effectively with Meditation
The excellent way to shrug off stress – Manage stress effectively with Meditation.